miércoles, 1 de diciembre de 2010

Training Update

Hello again, 

So training keeps us pretty busy and I haven't had too many chances to upload this.  I do have a cell phone now with internet on it!  Imagine that, me finally having internet on my cell phone once I get to Costa Rica.  It's so much less expensive here since it's prepaid!  I'm checking my e-mail a couple times a day now so you guys can send me e-mails often and I usually check it a couple times a day! 

So training has its ups and downs.  We constantly have something to do, and when we don't we have to spend as much time as possible with our families which leaves very little time to relax.  Don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore my family.  That's probably the best part about training is becoming part of this family.  Creating my own place in it which is really going to stink when I move away in a couple weeks. 

The teaching training we get can get a little redundant, but we got a chance to organize some classes here in our community recently.  Our group decided to teach a couple classes for elementary students and another for adults.  Both of them went great.  But it was especially fun for me to work with the adults who had so much fun learning English.  Some of them had very little experience with the language while others knew a good bit.  All of them enjoyed our classes and commented on how great the format of it was which is what we're hoping for.  This session with the adults seriously reinforced why I'm here and I just can't wait to get started. 

We also have some really fun days at training especially when some of our friends co-teach the sessions.  Yesterday we had one on scaffolding and we had a whole dance lesson with each person teaching 4 dance moves and building off of that.  Oh it was so much fun!  So basically, it's tiring, but we always make fun of the lessons needed to be learned.  But I still can't wait to get started.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario