miércoles, 15 de diciembre de 2010

Last Week of Training!!!

Hey guys,

Sorry I´m so bad at posting regularly but training has been pretty intense.  But we are in our 10th and final week!  Sunday we had our Family Party which was really fun.  We made spagetti, sang karaoke and played with the kids.  The sweetest part was that we each said a few words to our families and handed them a diploma.  It´s a really nice gesture for them which I really appreciated. 

Yesterday we had our last training in Tarbaca high up in the mountains on the coldest day of the year here and we froze our butts off up there!  But we had a corny candle-lighting ceremony each of us thanking someone else for something and it turned out to be really cute and a nice way to close out our tech training. 

Today we came to Frailes the next big town over with all of the TEFL trainees.  We played cute games like Red Rover, Gigante, Bruja, y Enanito and a fun line one similar to the Human Knot.  It was especially nice because we did all of this right next to this really pretty lagoon and coffee all around us.  Then, we had a nice little lunch and learned the Costa Rican National Anthem which we´re going to have to sing at our swearing-in ceremony on Friday.

 Tomorrow we have our interviews with the Country Director, Program Manager, Tech Trainer and Medical Officer and have a session on Bicycle Safety!!!  The bicycle safety one is exciting because I´m so excited to finally ride bike!  Since my ankle gets funny I would much rather ride bike as my exercise and I´m so excited to start once I finally have time when I get to my site! 

Friday morning we swear-in in the morning!  Then, some of us are spending the night in San Jose to celebrate.  Saturday I´m going to meet my family in Heredia to spend the night with them at Vivi and Juanca´s house (my host-brother and his girlfriend who live in San Jose)!  I´m really excited to finally see their place!  Ok, off to my last times at home in our training communities! 

Excited to start working!  Sad I won´t be spending as much time with my friends.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario