martes, 2 de noviembre de 2010

Comida Costarricense – Week 4 of Training

Buenas!

So I’ve gained some weight since I got here.  One volunteer assures me that everyone gains weight during training but I cannot handle it anymore.   My mom cooks so much!   I always walk in and I’ve finally convinced her that I can serve myself so she tells me to and I serve myself rice and black beans.  But here it comes… magically, she brings about eight different dishes from nooks and crannies all around the kitchen.  Salad and fresco from the fridge, yucca casserole from the orno de leña, picadillo de papas from the gas stove top and an egg from the pan.  This is exactly what we had for dinner tonight.  It was cool today because I traveled for about six hours on four different buses but on a normal Tuesday it’s just way too much food for lunch!  

That’s enough complaining because I love the food so much!!!  The other day I got home to Arroz con Leche, and Mom (in the states)… you have some competition.  Virga made it just like yours but it was just a little more liquidy and had more big chunks of canela rather than just some sprinkled on top of each serving.  To make clear Momma – I still prefer yours!!!

Gallo Pinto, papas and tortillas are my main diet and eaten at least once a day.  Can you imagine how heavy I feel?   But constantly being full might be the reason why I still haven’t come down from the honeymoon phase of getting here so I’m not quite sure when I’ll actually start serving myself smaller portions.  For now though, you might not get as many pictures of myself!         

I can´t figure out where else to put this... The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. Government or the Peace Corps.

4 comentarios:

  1. Damn i'm on fire!!! I'm about to LET someone else get the first comment here.

    p.s. I don't care about how you are doing. I just like being the first to comment. I actually roam the interwebs commenting on random blogs. BAZINGA!!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Bazinga?!!!! Haha, you're too funny!! Miss you hermanito!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I love how it says Alexander "dijo"...

    ResponderEliminar
  4. LMAO...UM OK I JUST GOT UR EMAIL ON THIS OR I SOOO WOULD'VE BEEN HERE LONG AGO...since I was the one that soo wanted u to create a blog...what's up with the SPANISH though...so mucho duro to understand..lol I guess it'll be good for Sam & Chris to practice lol...ok so it says "Publicar un comentario" under what I'm writing now or "Vista previa" lol guess that means preview before posting! LOVE U CUZ ALL THE BEST!!!

    ResponderEliminar