martes, 2 de noviembre de 2010

Bienvenidos a Rio Conejo, Costa Rica (Notice: not on google maps but you can find Rosario)

Hey all!
So this is my first blog!  I only have access to the internet for about an hour every week so I will try to keep this up to date and keep up to date with my e-mails.

Costa Rica is… gorgeous if you hadn’t heard already.  I live about two hours south of San Jose about mid-way up in these mountains so it gets chilly but some of my friends are in chillier places.  We get lots of fog that rolls through which is SO cool and I’m still not used to it.  It rains pretty regularly but the rainy season should be ending soon and it’ll be getting hotter.  Enough about the weather!

My family is amazing and it’s so nice to have a good foundation to come home to and talk out my day. 
Training Site Host Family includes:
  • Mom – Virgita or “Virga"
    • House wife, sweetheart and amazing chef!
  • Dad – Jeremia or “Jema”"
    • Works his fields which are mostly coffee
    • Turns out he acts in an improve troupe which I never could never have guessed!
  • Oldest Brother – Juan Carlos or “Juanca” – 31 years old
    • But he lives with his girlfriend in Heredia
    • Is a great artist and art teacher
  • Next Brother – Mauricio or “Mau” – 29 years old
    • He and his girlfriend have the only granddaughter in the family, the oh so adorable Fabiola who is currently in her terrible two’s so she’s pretty chiniada but still adorable!
    • He also lived in New Jersey for about three years working so he can chat a little in English
    • Drives a chapulin for the next town’s coffee factory
  • Youngest Brother – Josue or “Tatu” – 24 years old
    • Works as a mechanic about 15 minutes from here
    • Long-term girlfriend, kind of quiet and loves novellas
  • Only and Youngest Sister – Raquel or “Raque” – 17 years old
    • Is in 11th grade – no boyfriend and doesn’t talk about boys very much
    • Studious and hopes to go to Universidad de Costa Rica after she finishes high school
I love my family so much, especially my mom who is always here and loves talking to me and asking me my opinion on everything.  Ok this blog is getting long!  That’s all for now!

Adios from Rio Conejo, Costa Rica!!!

1 comentario: