miércoles, 9 de marzo de 2011

I stole someone´s dog... by accident

Bash on Christmas Day   
My host-brother Mauricio in my training community brought me this adorable little puppy about two weeks after I arrived.  She was this tiny black puppy who has white paws and a white blotch on her chest with wavy ears.  She was about 6 wees old. 

When I moved to my training community she was getting to full-size, which is still pretty small.  She got pretty confident about walking around town to the point where she started bothering our neighbor´s chickens.  He has several thousand egg-laying chickens so she was probably wreaking havok.  So, we started tying her up all day, and I made sure to walk her for at least half an hour.  I went out of town for a weekend and when I got back my host-family told me she gone to a neighbor´s house and they brought her back.  But she escaped again on Sunday and has not been home ever since. 

I went driving around town whisteling and she didn´t respond.  So on my way back from school the next day I found her the next town over... and brought her home.  ¨Doesn´t Bash have white paws?¨ I thought to myself on my way home.  It turned out to be her all black twin and I had stolen someones dog.  In my defense none of the neighbors could believe she wasn´t mine.  So I walked an hour back to the town to drop this strange dog off worrying that the snake on the street would attack her while I was walking all this way to drop her off after stealing her!  But we made it back ok, although it took some effort to make her to stay as I made my way home. 

Stranger Dog
So I vowed not to steal anyone else´s dog and made sure to spread the word that Bash was missing.  I found out someone had left her in a box 6 km away from here and my friend´s neighbor had found her and locked her up in their house claiming it was her son´s puppy.  Since my family wasn´t too happy with the dog I figured I´d let her keep her.  That lasted a couple days so she was now roaming around a new town so I made an appt to get her operated before I gave her to a little boy in my town.  As I called my friend who lived over there she told me that someone had picked her up in a car and taken her away. 

So it´s been two weeks since I´ve seen Bash and I miss her so much!  All of the kids in my neighborhood constantly bring her up and I get so sad each time!  So if you see her, let me know!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario